- How to Register
- Payment and Confirmation
- Financial Assistance
- Delivery of Programs
- Program Cancellations (Refunds / Transfers / Make-up Classes)
- Club Policies
- General Rules
- COVID-19 Protocols
- Personal information
- Media Release
How to Register
Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and are subject to availability. Programs fill fast, so register ASAP. Once you register online you may select Online Payment or select Offline Payment and pay by cheque or cash at our club office.
Online Registration and Online Payment
Stouffville Skating Club offers online registration via Uplifter and secure payment processions via Beanstream.
We accept Visa and Mastercard
All funds must be in Canadian Currency.
We do not export any goods or services.
Note: We do not offer installments for online registration. If you would like to pay in installments, please select the offline payment option and pay in person at our club office.
Online Registration and Offline Payment
The club office hours are:
Tues and Thurs 5:00pm-8:00pm and Sat 9:30am-12:30pm.
You may Pay Offline at our club office using cash or cheque.
Payment and Confirmation
When paying online, program fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. If you would like to pay in installments, please select offline payment and pay at our club office.
Skaters are not considered registered until payment has been received. For insurance purposes, unpaid skaters will not be allowed on the ice.
Cash or cheque payments must be made in person. All NSF cheques will be subject to a $25.00 fee.
Low income families may qualify for financial assistance through Jumpstart. Payment must be secured before your registration will be processed. Please note that it can take a few weeks to get approved through Kidsport. If using this option, please apply early so you can secure your spot.
Delivery of Programs
All programs will take place at the location indicated in the program registration. There are currently no products for sale on this site.
Program Cancellations (Refunds / Transfers / Make-up Classes):
Please refer to each program for cancellation and refund policies. Unless otherwise stated, refunds will only be considered prior to the 4th lesson. For medical or extenuating circumstances a letter must be sent to the executive stating the reason. The executive will vote on the appropriate compensation, if any, and notification will be in writing. An administration fee of $50.00 will be deducted. This fee includes a non-refundable Skate Canada membership.
To make a request for withdrawal, please use the form below.
You may either drop off your completed form at the club office or send it via email. Click here for club office location and contact information.
A request for transfer can be made in person, by phone, or via email. Due to space limitations, request for transfer may not always be granted.
Due to our high registration numbers, and to ensure quality within our programs, no make-up classes will be allowed.
Cancellations due to weather:
On the very rare occasion that we have to cancel due to bad weather and road conditions an email will be sent out. Unfortunately, we are not able to make up these classes due to the very tight ice schedule.
The following Club Policies and General Rules were created in the interest of safety and courtesy to all members and their families using the facility. Each member of the Stouffville Skating Club should review them carefully and abide by them. If at any time a skater is found not to be following these Policies and Rules they may be asked to leave the ice, at the discretion of the coaches.
Parents and skaters are reminded that the members have the right to focus on their skating proficiency in a pleasant and positive learning environment. Courtesy, consideration, cooperation and common sense will help to ensure that all skaters have a safe and enjoyable skating experience. Parents are requested to review these Policies and Rules with their skaters to help them understand their purpose.
- Skate Canada requires that all skaters must be registered as members in good standing in order to be covered under the Skate Canada insurance. Therefore, all fees, including registration and test fees, must be paid as required by the Stouffville Skating Club in order for a skating member to be kept in good standing with the Club.
- Only members in good standing with the Club will be allowed to take tests and participate in Club competitions. Members not in good standing may be suspended at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- It is strictly prohibited to possess or consume any illegal substance or drug (as defined by the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act) including alcohol and tobacco while inside the Stouffville Clippers Sports Complex, or at any event while representing the Stouffville Skating Club or Skate Canada.
- CSA approved HOCKEY helmets are mandatory for all skaters in the PreCanSkate and CanSkate sessions. We must advise that if the skater arrives at the rink without proper equipment, the skater will not be allowed to participate. Please note that bicycle helmets and ski helmets are not appropriate head protection for any ice surface and are unacceptable in these programs.
- No child under the age of 11 may be left unattended at the arena. Parents/Guardians of PreCanSkate or CanSkate skaters are expected to stay at the arena during their child’s skating session. Parents are not allowed on the ice during the skating session.
- The Executive Board of Directors and the professional Coaching staff are responsible for the safe and orderly operation of the Stouffville Skating Club and its programs. Any instruction given by the Board of Directors or the Coaches shall be promptly and courteously followed.
- Insubordination towards any Coach, official or parent will not be tolerated.
- There will be no physical contact with the intent to cause bodily harm of a fellow skater, or action performed, which would be considered aggressive in nature including any type of threat, intimidation or any form of harassment towards a skater or other persons.
- Pushing, tripping, horseplay or intentional interference with another skater is not permitted on the ice surface or elsewhere in the arena.
- No member shall promote or display unsafe actions on the ice, in the lobby or in the dressing room.
- Bullying in any form will not be tolerated.
- Coaches, parents and arena staff are obliged to report any action by any member which is deemed to be unsafe or inappropriate to the attention of the Board of Directors for their disposition.
- All complaints or disputes by, or on behalf of, a member shall be made in writing to the Board of Directors. Board members may not be sought out individually at the arena, their homes or places of business to register a complaint.
- Repeated violations of the Code of Conduct or Club Policies and General Rules will result in consequences as set by the Board of Directors Skating Club Executive.
- If skaters do not abide by the Skaters’ Code of Conduct or the above Policies and General Rules, they will be asked to leave the ice and a letter will be sent to their parents. Repeated violations of the Code of Conduct or Club Policies and General Rules may result in a suspension or consequences as set by the Skating Club Executive. The Skating Club Executive is vested with the right to place any member on probation or suspension, with strict conditions and consequences when the safety of their members is in jeopardy. (Club By-Law #5)
- Only Stouffville Skating Club members and their parents are allowed in the dressing rooms during their scheduled ice times. Parents and siblings of the opposite gender are not permitted in the dressing rooms of skaters in Intermediate and Senior sessions.
- Skates are not to be put on in the lobby. Please use the dressing room(s) assigned to your skating session.
- Parents are requested not to interrupt the Coaches or amateur coaches while they are on the ice unless there is a safety issue.
- No one is allowed on the ice without skates excepted designated personnel.
- Money and valuables must not be left in the dressing room. The Stouffville Skating Club cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
- Theft will not be tolerated.
- Skate guards are to be worn in the lobby at all times as required by the facilities management.
- Only persons registered or scheduled to attend a session or program shall enter the ice surface during that time.
Stouffville Skating Club is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information provided by our members. Stouffville Skating Club does not sell, rent or exchange any of the personal information collected on this website, through email, or at the club office with any third party except as described herein or as you may otherwise consent.
- All information collected is confidential, and will be used solely for administration purposes, such as to make arrangements with service providers and suppliers, arrange instruction, and to manage memberships, purchases and registrations.
- Information collected will also be used to register skaters with Skate Canada, our governing body.
- The Stouffville Skating Club website may use "cookies" to track your web browsing and registration activities and preferences on our website. Cookies are data files transferred to your computer's hard-drive through your browser by a website to keep track of certain preferences or activities to streamline subsequent website visits.
- The Stouffville Skating Club website may log IP addresses and browser details during your site visit.
Stouffville Skating Club does not store any credit card number and security information (eg: CVV numbers) online on the website
Stouffville Skating Club uses emails to communicate with members regarding registration updates, and reminders. You are given the option to opt in or out of email communication when you set up your member account. If you wish to remove yourself from any type of email communication, please contact our club office.
The Stouffville Skating Club will, on occasion, publish photographs and/or interviews with skaters on our website, social media vehicles, in media releases, on public television, or in newspapers. Photos and names will not be used for commercial gain.
Club Rules and Regulations
Stouffville Skating Club reserves the right to make changes to these policies as necessary.